Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
Planning on working in a bar or hotel?
iTFE's RSA course can set you up with the compliance unit you'll need to get started.
But be quick, and book early, classes fill up quickly up to a week ahead of the course.
RSA stands for Responsible Service of Alcohol, and in Victoria and NSW, it is a requirement that anyone working within a licensed alcohol-serving venue holds a Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor, Regulation (VCGLR) in Victoria or Liquor and Gaming NSW (L&GNSW) approved RSA Competency Card in NSW.
The RSA course covers legal requirements of the sale and service of alcohol, harm minimisation and duty of care, anticipating problems and managing patrons, assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons, advise patrons on standard drinks and the effects of alcohol.
Note: NSW students on a Student VISA (subclass 500) are not eligible for enrolment.
The NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol course can be completed online and allows for immediate start. Get your RSA certification in 24 hours!
Students receive a certificate of participation upon successful completion of this course.
Course is run over four consecutive hours and the maximum number of participants per class is 25. During the RSA course, you’ll be exposed to a range of videos, answering of verbal questions, and other theory-based learning methods. Towards the end of your RSA course, our trainer will ask you to sit a theory assessment task comprised of short written answers and multiple choice. The RSA test is a closed book. Certificates will be mailed to each successful participant (70% or higher) within 2 business days of the attended course.
Participants are required to bring proof of identification documents, such as a passport or driver’s licence on the day of training.
As of the 1st of October 2017, the normal price for the Victorian RSA is $60.
Check out our Summer Special – At selected locations, the price for the Victorian RSA will be $50 or $55.
Each participate is issued a Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol in addition to receiving a competency card from NSW Liquor and Gaming
- Learn at your own pace with up to 3 months to complete the course
- Interactive content makes completing the course easy with additional support materials provided
- Easy step by step approach – 4 elements of learning (each element is set at a minimum time of 30 minutes to complete)
- Support provided Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Assessment is a mixture of questions (multiple choice and short answers), a case study review and short video practical assessments uploaded to the Moodle website
- Receive your interim RSA Certificate within 24 hours of completion (during normal business hours)
You will need your Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.