Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) QLD Online
Planning on working in a bar or hotel in Queensland?
iTFE's online responsible service of alcohol (RSA) course will get you job ready with the compliance unit you'll need to get started.
In QLD, it is a requirement that anyone working within a licensed alcohol-serving venue holds a valid RSA Certificate.
iTFE's RSA course covers Nationally recognised unit SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol including:
- legal requirements of the sale and service of alcohol,
- harm minimisation and duty of care,
- anticipating problems and managing patrons,
- assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons, and
- advise patrons on standard drinks and the effects of alcohol.
Benefits of studying online
- Costs just $35 and includes a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Learn at your own pace with up to 3 months to complete the course
- Interactive content makes completing the course easy with additional support materials provided
- Easy step by step approach - 4 elements of learning (each element is set at a minimum time of 30 minutes to complete)
- Support provided Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Assessment for the course is a mixture of questions (multiple choice and short answers), a case study review and short videos covering practical application of scenarios for:
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Refusal of service
- Secondary supply
uploaded to the Moodle website. For the videos you will require access to a real or simulated workplace and another person who can participate in the scenario as the patron/customer.
- Receive your RSA Certificate within 24 hours of completion (during normal business hours)
How to get your certificate online
Register and pay for your course. You will need your Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. If you don't have a USI, please visit our information page here to learn how you can quickly organise your number. You'll also need to provide photo identification (a scanned copy of your passport or drivers licence)
Study the RSA QLD Online course material and complete the assessments.
Once your assessment has been marked and approved by our assessors, you'll receive your RSA certificate via email.
“Doing my RSA course with ITFE was a great experience. The team’s approachable personality, professional attitude and guidance helped me greatly throughout this course. I really recommend to do the course with ITFE to anybody who wants clear instructions, valuable information and timely results. I got my RSA within 24 hours and feel ready to work within the hospitality industry.”