Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) NSW Online
Planning on working in a bar or hotel in Sydney?
Then enrol in iTFE's RSA NSW online course and be job ready with the compliance unit you'll need to get started.
RSA stands for Responsible Service of Alcohol, and in NSW, it is a requirement that anyone working within a licensed alcohol-serving venue holds a Liquor & Gaming NSW (LGNSW) approved RSA Competency Card.
The RSA course covers Nationally recognised unit SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol including: legal requirements of the sale and service of alcohol, harm minimisation and duty of care, anticipating problems and managing patrons, assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons, advise patrons on standard drinks and the effects of alcohol.
Benefits of learning online
- Costs just $120 and includes your interim RSA certificate from Liquor & Gaming NSW (emailed) plus your Nationally recognised RSA Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (posted in the mail)
- Learn at your own pace with up to 3 months to complete the course
- Interactive content makes completing the course easy with additional support materials provided
- Easy step by step approach - 4 elements of learning (each element is set at a minimum time of 30 minutes to complete)
- Support provided Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Assessment for the course is a mixture of questions (multiple choice and short answers), a case study review and short videos covering practical application of scenarios for:
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Refusal of service
- Secondary supply
uploaded to the Moodle website. For the videos you will require access to a real or simulated workplace and another person who can participate in the scenario as the patron/customer.
- Receive your interim RSA Certificate within 24 hours of completion (during normal business hours)
Step 1: Register and pay for your course. You will need your Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. If you don't have a USI, please visit our information page here to learn how you can quickly organise your number. You'll also need to provide photo identification (a scanned copy of your passport or drivers licence)
Step 2: Study the RSA NSW Online course material and complete the assessments.
Step 3: Once your assessment has been marked and approved by our assessors, you'll receive your RSA NSW interim certificate via email. This certificate enables you to work in a licensed premises for 90 days while you complete step 4.
Step 4: Obtain your Liquor & Gaming NSW RSA Photo Competency Card through the NSW Service Government website. The cost of this card is free and included as part of the course cost.
“I’m impressed with iTFE’s kind guidance, dedication, and prompt response. I will not hesitate to recommend and refer to all who need to further studies and career opportunities.”