Responsible Service of Alcohol
Get job-ready for hospitality work
The iTFE’s RSA course can set you up with the compliance unit you’ll need to get started.
But be quick, and book early, classes fill up quickly up to a week ahead of the course.
iTFE’s RSA course covers the nationally recognised unit SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol which includes:
- legal requirements of the sale and service of alcohol
- harm minimisation and duty of care
- anticipating problems and managing patrons
- assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons
- advise patrons on standard drinks and the effects of alcohol
Who is eligible to access this fee-free training?
- You need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand resident
- No longer at school
- Aged 18 or over
- Must not currently hold an RSA competency card
In NSW, it is a requirement that anyone working within a licensed alcohol-serving venue holds a Liquor & Gaming NSW approved RSA Competency Card.
Find out more
iTFE is accredited by the Director of Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), to deliver the Responsible Serving of Alcohol course in Victoria and NSW. iTFE is registered with the office of Liquor and Gaming NSW (L&G NSW) to run our RSA course in NSW.
Course requirements and eligibility
Participants are required to bring proof of identification documents, such as a passport or driver’s licence on the day of training.
Note: NSW students on a Student VISA (subclass 500) are not eligible for enrolment.