iTFE set to deliver two new Licensee courses in NSW
iTFE is proud to announce that it has been approved by Liquor and Gaming NSW to deliver training for two new Licensee courses, which have been specifically designed for senior roles within licensed venues to help improve liquor industry trading standards across the state.
The new licensee training course is applicable for most licensees, approved managers and club secretaries.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the relevant liquor legislation and regulations that will impact you as a licensee
- Know your responsibilities in managing your NSW liquor licence
- Understand your responsibilities as a licensee to manage alcohol related harms in your business
- Implement best practice strategies for your business to improve operations
- Understand the consequences of non-compliance and what that means for you as a licensee
The advanced licensee training course is designed for operators of licensed venues in higher risk environments, such as those trading after midnight.
This course will assist participants to:
- Understand and carry out your legal responsibilities as a licensee operating in a higher risk environment
- Analyse and minimise the risks relevant to your liquor licence
- Manage, operate and lead a successful licensed business
The new courses have been designed as a short course combined with hands-on training, and will consist of a range of activities, in-class discussion and participation. At the end of each course participants will be required to complete a brief theory assessment comprised of short written answers and multiple choice questions.
Liquor and Gaming NSW state that any new licensees who apply for a licence from 1 September 2018, and are required to undertake the training, will initially have until 1 April 2019 to complete the new licensee training course. New licensees who apply for a licence after 1 April 2019 will be required to complete the training before making an application. To confirm the type of licensee training you or your business require, please visit Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to manage the day to day requirements for a compliant licensed venue to the benefit of your staff, customers and the wider community. iTFE will begin scheduling classes across metropolitan and regional New South Wales in the coming weeks.