CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
iTFE's Certificate III in Individual Support course teaches you the skills required to begin your career in aged and residential care, home and community support or as a nursing assistant.
Focusing on person-centred support, this industry recognised course will provide you with both the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be job-ready.
The course reflects the role of care workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred care to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or other reasons.
Who should enrol in this course?
- Anyone who works within the industry and wants to improve their skills and knowledge in the community services area by completing a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- School leavers who want to enter Community Services Sector
- People with personal or vocational experience in a specific industry
- People with vocational experience in a specific industry and an industry specific qualification
Please note, to achieve this qualification, each candidate must complete at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
|Unit code||Unit of competency|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and well-being|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE005||Provide Support to people with dementia|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
|CHCHCS001||Provide home and community support services|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
Upon successful completion of this course students will be awarded with a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community).
- Accommodation support worker
- Field officer
- Assistant in nursing
- Home care assistant
- Care assistant
- In-home respite worker
- Care service employees
- Nursing assistant
- Care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Community care worker
- Personal care giver
- Community house worker
- Personal care worker
- Community support worker
- Residential care worker
- Disability service officer (in some jurisdictions)
- Support worker
Most of these positions are considered to be skills-shortages in Australia. Meaning that in the coming years, we’re going to need a consistent growth of new professional workers in these fields.
- 21 weeks: two days per week x 5.5 hours per day = 42 sessions, including introduction session
- 120 hours Work Placement experience
- Approximately 7 hours per week of additional study, may include: homework and research activities, completion of assessment tasks and skills practice
Please contact our Careers Team on 1300 659 557 to confirm our upcoming course timetable.
Participants are required to bring proof of identification documents, such as a passport or driver’s licence on the first day of training.
How to apply
“It was a good experience to study with iTFE. I have learned a lot and increased the scope of practice into my career. Michelle my trainer, was really enthusiastic about her teaching and she helped me a lot through any difficulties I faced when I first started the class. She helped me gain more confidence. iTFE staff were also friendly and helpful.”