SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing
Our Certificate III in Hairdressing is the perfect course for anyone looking to fast track their career path into hairdressing.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as hairdressers working as part of a team in a hairdressing environment, and who are competent in communicating in the workplace, consulting with clients, selling products and services, and designing and applying a broad range of technical hairdressing services on clients.
Unlike other training providers, this course doesn't have an apprenticeship attached to it - so you won't need to work through the ranks before becoming an accredited hairdresser.
During your Certificate III in Hairdressing course you will cover these key skill areas:
- Hair analysis including hair treatment plans along with scalp and hair conditioning;
- Hair cutting including ladies and men’s cuts along with layering and texturing techniques;
- Colouring including permanent, semi-permanent, tinting, toning and foiling methods;
- Salon skills covering work area maintenance, client consultation, payments and general work skills;
- Curling and straightening services;
- Hair styling including sectioning, tonging, setting, and much more.
|Unit code||Unit of competency|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBHBAS001||Provide shampoo and basin services|
|SHBHCLS002||Colour and lighten hair|
|SHBHCLS003||Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments|
|SHBHCLS004||Neutralise unwanted colours and tones|
|SHBHCLS005||Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments|
|SHBHCUT001||Design haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT002||Create one length or solid haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT003||Create graduated haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT004||Create layered haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT005||Cut hair using over-comb techniques|
|SHBHDES003||Create finished hair designs|
|SHBHIND001||Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas|
|SHBHIND003||Develop and expand a client base|
|SHBHREF002||Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments|
|SHBHTRI001||Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXIND002||Communicate as part of a salon team|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBHCUT006||Create combined haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT007||Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures|
|SHBHDES004||Create classic long hair up-styles|
|SHBHCCS001||Plan hair services for special events|
|SHBXCCS004||Recommend products and services|
|SIRRMER001||Produce visual merchandise displays|
|SHBHIND002||Research and use hairdressing industry information|
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded the Nationally accredited SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing.
- 50 weeks classroom training, 2 days per week, 5.5 hours per day
- Approximately 7 hours per week of additional study, may include: homework and research activities, completion of assessment tasks and skills practice
Please contact us on 1300 659 557 to confirm our upcoming course timetable.
Students can enrol in SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing in either a government supported position or as a full fee paying participant.
- Victorian Government Subsidised Tuition Fee of $250 plus Material Fee of $480
- Victorian Government Subsidised Tuition Fee (Concessions) of $50 plus Material Fee of $480
- Full Fee for Service Student of $8,457.50 plus Material Fee of $480