BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
Become a workplace leader in protecting your work environment with a Certificate III in Work Health and Safety. Equip yourself with in-demand Work Health and Safety skills required for workers, managers and supervisors in a range of capacities.
iTFE's Certificate III in Work Health & Safety is a nationally recognised course that will assist students in gaining an understanding of safe work legislation, hazard control principles, preventative safety measures and much more. Participants completing the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety and will gain the following skills and knowledge to:
- Refer to OHS laws and regulations for evidence to support workplace OHS/WHS requirements
- Assist in the collection and analysis of workplace OHS/WHS data such as incident reports
- Identify hazards and assess risks on domestic and commercial building sites and establish appropriate control measures for these hazards
- Consult with management, subcontractors and workers on OHS/WHS concerns
- Participate in the effective communication of OHS/WHS information, techniques and procedures to other team members
- Contribute to team innovation when addressing OHS/WHS issues in the workplace
- Provide support to OHS specialists in resolving OHS/WHS issues
- Research alternative pathways when seeking expert advice on OHS/WHS issues
- Adding this Work Health and Safety qualification to your resume will put you in the spotlight for promotions into management and equip you with lifelong skills
To participate in this training, you will need literacy skills to the level that would be used in the workplace. For example, in many of the units, we offer you will need to be able to read and apply standard operating procedures.
Students must have access to the following to complete their studies:
- Personal Computer, with internet access
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint programs
|Unit code||Unit of competency|
|BSBWHS302||Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace|
|BSBWHS303||Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control|
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|BSBWHS305||Contribute to WHS issue resolution|
|PUAWER001B||Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations|
|BSBCMM201||Communicate in the workplace|
|BSBINM301||Organise workplace information|
|BSBINN201||Contribute to workplace innovation|
|BSBWHS406||Assist with responding to incidents|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
- 13 weeks classroom training, 1 day per week, 7 hours per day
- Approximately 14 hours per week of additional study, may include: homework and research activities, completion of assessment tasks and skills practice
Please contact our Careers Team on 1300 659 557 to confirm our upcoming course timetable.
Participants are required to bring proof of identification documents, such as a passport or driver’s licence on the day of training.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be awarded the nationally accredited BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety.
How to apply
Enrol below or contact iTFE on 1300 659 557
Students can enrol in BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health & Safety in either a government supported position or as a full fee paying participant. View our course fee structure or contact us on 1300 659 557 to discuss enrolment fees.